Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck.
- Felix -- Eeeeeeeeeelysuim -- 03:45:24 10/15/97 EDT
- taken from page 35 V:tM
- A prince often declare certain protions of his domain(or her in our case)
to be free from the taint of violence. Such locations are known as Elysium
and they tend to be the places where the elders spend most of their time.
much intrigue and debate occurs at these locations, and it is in the Elysium
that the business of the city takes place. *Though* on *rare* occassions
the sanctity of the Elysium is violated, usually the "Pax Vampirica" is upheld.
- Normally certain buildings are designated to be part of the Elysium, most
commonly places devoted to the fine arts or places which are in someway
artistically or intellectually stimulating. Thus Elysium tends to be such places
as the Opera, theaters, art museums and art galleries. Sometimes the havens of
certain Cainites or even nightclubs are so designated, however.
- The rules for Elysium are typically quite simple. First and Foremost, no
violence is permitted on the premises against kindred or kine or physical objects.
On pain of Final Death no art is to be destroyed (thus making toreador among the
strongest supporters of the custom of Elysium) Elysium is considered neutral
ground, with no conflicts between kindred allowed upon its premises. Thus, while
intrigue and verbal sparring can be quite fierce, rarely does the conflict
escalate to violence. Finally, most consider it very bad manners to attract
attention entering or leaving Elysium. Some areas are closed at night, and thus
special arrangements have been made for kindred to leave and enter.
- My two cents. Elysium does Not have to be Holy Ground to be considered Elysium.
It's just kinna nice to know that you can sit in a place an chit chat with other
Immies without wondering if they'll take your head or not. Also Elysiums have
no magical powers that stop violence from happening, unless someone made them that
way through proper magical means. Violence can an sometimes will happen in an
- Felix, Immortal, club owner, multi-billionaire
- Kit (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Nightbreed, WOD style. -- 11:44:45 10/24/97 EDT
- If you want to read for youself about the history and stuff
I possibly missed en post, you can look up the NightBreed on the
WOD webpage by B.J.Zanzibarr. Http://php.indiana.edu/~adashiel/wod/wod.html
If you can't find it there. perhaps try a search engine it's usually
a link on some of the WOD links pages. The Nightbreed is under the
World of Darkness Potpourri, then click on The Potpourri and it's under N
- Nightbreed are not human, they are not zombies. They are dead, but dead is
only a state of mind to them. They claim to be older than any race on earth,
They are shapeshifters, not shapechangers, all with their own unique abilities.
Some may turn into animals, others can turn into fog. Some can fly, others have
increased speed and agility. Though their appearances do change a little, say
perhaps fangs, claws things like that. Like vampires they use a bloodpool, but
they do not drink blood, and can gain back their bloodpool by eating raw,
preferably fresh meat. Their powers, you can use disciplines of kindred as
well as garou gifts. Just use bloodpool instead of gnosis or rage. They also
heal back one health level per round. Unless it's aggrivated. Agg damage would be
fire, electricity, or sunlight for a nightbreed. Nightbreed's bloodpool depends
on their age. 0-100 (5pt bp), 101-200 (8pt bp), 201-300 (11pts), 301-400(14pts),
401-500(17pts) and 501+ (20pts). Now this doesn't mean you should automatically
take a 501+ Nightbreed..just for a higher bloodpool, also I really wouldn't
want to see anyone playing Cabal, who is the only Nightbreed that can go out
into the sunlight.
- Derek -- The Revenant Families -- 22:19:08 11/24/97 EST
Also posted in other2.html
- Hundreds of years ago, the flesh-crafting fiends of the Sabbat, the Tzimisce, created several families of altered ghouls to serve their foul ends. These 'Revenant' families have several characteristic's in common: They are not human. Their genetic structure has been altered so that they have a constant pool of vampiric blood in their systems. Like normal ghouls, they can learn disciplines, all have access to the super-strength discipline Potence, and they can use this blood their body produces to heal wounds.
- The revenants age much slower than humans, and are extremely inbred. Over the years the families have become increasingly perverse, to the point where the Sabbat themselves have taken upon themselves to destroy several of the Revenant families in purges. Of the original families, only four are believed to remain: The Bratovitches, the Grimaldis, the Obertuses, and the Zantosas. Like vampires, each family has its own strengths and specific family weaknesses.
- The Bratovitches -- Bratovitchs embody 'white trash.' They are inbred, incestuous, and twisted. They revel in lupine meat whenever they can get it; their primary purpose in modern times is to breed hunting hounds for the Sabbat. They frenzy as easily as a Brujah.
- The Grimaldis -- The Grimaldis pass for regular humans, or try to. Upper
crust debutantes and playboys, all are blood bound to a Sabbat bishop.
- The Zantosa -- The Zantosa are crazed hedonist who, among other things, raise stables of fine horses... for food. Their primary use to the Sabbat is their great wealth, otherwise they are perhaps most likely to be 'purged.' Any who are exposed to pleasure (sex, drugs, rock & roll, anything) have a very high chance of becoming addicted.
- Obertus - The Obertus are obsessive scholars. They gather knowledge for the whole of their lives, ostensibly to benefit their Sabbat 'masters,' but in reality it is to surpass them all (revanants, humans, vampires alike) and rise to a higher evolutionary level. Their weakness is obsession or an unhealthy desire for absolute perfection.
- It should be noted that due to the insular natures of the Revenant familes,
few (mostly the young & untried) leave their homes.
- Caizer -- Tal'Mahe'Ra Black Hand -- 01:36:08 07/15/98 EDT
- For the most part, the Black Hand exists as an unseen bogeyman, a horrid monster used to terrify childer as they lay down in their coffins. The origins of the Black Hand predates the Sabbat, the Camarilla, Lupines, Fairies, Highlanders; just about everyone. When Mummies were walking the earth and just finding out about the secrets to immortality and resurrection, the beginnings of the Death Cult called the TalmaheRa were infull swing. For countless centuries, the Tal studied about death and the afterlife, seeking help from Euthanatos mages and sprits from the Deep Umbra. Lots of shit happened that isn't too clear, and the Tal were a mystery until the Talallied it's self with the Euthanatos Mages and those of the Wraith Worlds to jointly explore the Deep Umbra (490 BC). In 489 BC, the last expedition by Methulsulah Andeleun, a Tzimisce, found a curious creature that infected him with a disease. Later, among the many treasures that the Tal brought back with them from the Deep Umbra worlds, Andeleun found that
- During the worst part of the Anarch Revolt (1420 AD) the TalmaheRa joined the Sabbat and became known as the Manus Nigrum. The Nigrum rained hell down upon the Sabbats enemies, and was the soul reason the Sabbat made it through to the Convention of Thorns (1493 AD). It was at the Convention the Nigrum became known as the Black Hand, and pulled back from the limelight and into mystery. The Black Hand began pulling it's members, many of them who were in the Camarilla and other sects, and expanding it's power base from Europe to the Americas, Africa, the orient and other places. The members of the Hand joined others who lived in the city of Enoch, which is either the mirror of Caine's first or second City; or else the real thing which Caine or his progeny some how moved into the Underworld. The city of Enoch lies in the Shadowlands, where the Wraiths are. The Hand retired many members there to learn and grow more powerful until the Antediluvians needed their presence to be felt again. The Black Hand created t
- Now days, there are about 300 Sabbat Hand. Most (240) are clueless about exactly who they work for, and why they do the things they do. No one asks questions, for being part of the Hand means that you obey. Period. The rest of the Sabbat Hand, the 60 or so, are actually members of the True Hand, and are in place to make sure the False Hand operates smoothly and efficiently. They are mostly Dominions and Seraphs (the high leaders of the Black Hand) and many of them are recruiting members of the Sabbat Hand, with the intention of bringing a select few members to the True Hand if they get powerful and get enough status
- Who are loyal to the True Hand? The list is staggering: Several members of the group of Mummies, mages and wraiths are used by the True Hand; along with an abomination (Lupine who is transformed into a vampire) and strange creatures. Members of the True Hand include several Gehenna Cults, entire Primogen of cities, Inconnu members, Archons, Princes, Arch Bishops and Bishops, members of the Prisci and one Justicar (of the four who are left, I haven't found out yet). In addition, 4 ghoul families are loyal to the True Hand, and at least one group of Mages are constantly in their service; along with countless neonates and ancillae. The Black Hand (the entire thing, starting with the top True Hand) is controlled by a mystical figure given the title of the Del'Roh. The Del'Roh has ruled the Hand from the Black Citadel, located in the center of Enoch, from her second floor throne room. She sits on the same throne that Caine did when he presided over kindred affairs in the First or Second City. She has been there
- The Wazirs command the dominions of both True (located in the Camarilla and in the East) and the False (who are commanded by the three Seraphim of the FOUR in the Sabbat Hand), who do their bidding.
- Almost all True Hand have alternate identities (secret identities), of varying degrees. Many could be your mentor, or your prince, or the guy standing in the shadows smoking, and you wouldn't know.
- How fanatical is the Black Hand? In Enoch, on the fourth Floor; the sleeping bodies of four Antediluvians lie. No one has ever breached the sacred seal that holds the doors closed to the fourth floor, but the Del'Roh and members of the higher levels of the True Hand in Enoch get periodical messages in dreams, and talk to the Antediluvians upstairs. The Hand believes that it is the Will of the Antediluvians, the Sword of Caine, and follows the guidelines and directions of the four sleeping on the fourth floor. Of the four, the Toreador (Toreadora), Ventrue (Ventru) and the Nosferatu (Nosferat) are still sleeping. The fourth one is still a mystery, and members of the library scholars who try to astrally peek into the floor are met with a fuzzy image of a man who is awake, and walking around. Waiting for the other 3 to arise? Most think that it is Caine who is the Fourth, and is directing the Hand to do his bidding.
- Well, if any of this sounds interesting to anyone, just drop me some page #mail. These are the _real_ good guys. Take it easy.
- A couple things got erased in my earlier posts by some doofy buffer, so here's
the rest. Remember that Tzimisce Methuselah Andeleun? Well, when he brought back Vicissitude, and infected all his childer with it (all members of the Clan Tzimisce have it, except for the ones decended from the Tzimisce that werent infected, called the 'Old Clan' Tzimisce), he unknowingly brought back with him s super-evil disease collectively known as the Souleaters. The Black Hand charged the Old Clan Tzimisce to clean up their mess, but back in 1980, the Hand discovered that they didnt get them all, and the Souleater menace had spread so quickly and quietly, that there was a hive collective of them in almost every major city. This is the Hand's #1 priority... to eliminate the Souleaters and protect humanity from their evil. They're also hell-bent on distroying anyone with the Vicissitude disease, or extracting the creature by using a rare and ancient ritual.
- The Black Hand created the Sabbat (False) Hand to do the will of the True Hand. It took about 100 years to put the False Hand into the limelight and take the True Hand back into the Shadows of the unknown.
- The Current Del'Roh in Enoch has been there for 250 years, ruling with an iron hand in a velvet glove. Somehow, that part got erased too.
- I hope I cleared up a few things. Take it easy.
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.