Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck.
- Kylara -- Shadows -- 01:01:10 07/18/96 EDT
- The world is full of shadows--and some of them are alive.
- The members of Clan Vivant, the last Shadow clan, are shapeshifters with
the natural form of a shadow. A Shadow does not die of natural causes,
but _can_ be killed, if you can find them. At the age of 25, a Shadow's
body begins producing a hormone that drastically slows the aging process.
This results in the Shadows living for about 100 years to every 1 year a
- The Shadows are able to change their shapes by rearranging the matter
they are formed of on a molecular level. Keeping an alternate shape
requires a certain amount of concentration. In times of great stress,
fear, or personal danger, this concentration may be lost and the Shadow
will revert to his/her natural form. A Shadow in his/her natural form
looks much like a normal shadow, except 3-dimensional, and quite
tangible. In their natural forms, the Shadows blend so well with the
shadows that they seem to disappear into thin air.
- As an extension of the ability to rearrange their structure on a molecular
level, the Shadows are able to 'fold' themselves out of reality and 'fold'
back in at another place by using a special focal point. A Shadow who
'folds' out without this focal point available is lost forever, unable to
return to reality. These abilities were developed when the Shadows, who
evolved alongside humanity, began to be hunted by them.
- Most Shadows tend to live away from the others, believing this to be the
safest way to hide among the humans. However, families and those who have
formed a special bond through the exchange of the caillou de l'essence
tend to live, work, and play very near each other.
- For more information about the Shadows, the caillou de l'essence, or
Clan Vivant, page or page #mail Kylara or Carmen.
- Carmen -- Shadows and Vampires -- Blood -- 02:51:20 07/23/96 EDT
- At this point, it would be helpful to mention a couple of things about Shadows that you Vampires might be interested in for one reason or another. Blood. Shadows *do* have blood, though as Kyla mentioned, its chemistry is much different from that of humans and like species. Because of its strange makeup, it is useful to note the following:
- In small quantities it is not toxic.
- Side effects from the drinking of Shadow blood are known to include insensitivity to pain, extremely dialated pupils (making the eyes very sensitive to all kinds of light), less control over motor functions, lightheadedness, and hallucinations. The intensity of the side-effect is directly proportional to the amount of blood consumed. (Basically, it's like being 'high')
- Effects are similar to 'drug' effects and can become 'addictive' in some cases.
- Like any drug, a Vampire can 'overdose' on the blood, and in these cases it *can* be fatal.
- If you have any questions, please contact myself or Kylara.
*>-- Carmen Lirel, Clan Vivant --<*
- Kylara -- Shadows -- 09:16:29 02/11/97 EST
- There is a new Shadow Bulletin Board in Kylara's HelpStaff Office. From
here, go: n,n,w,k to read it.
(*) KJL (*)
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.