Other Clan Information
Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck. These are messages that don't fit in elsewhere, but are still part of the game, itself.
- Kit (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Nightbreed, WOD style. -- 11:44:45 10/24/97 EDT
- If you want to read for youself about the history and stuff
I possibly missed en post, you can look up the NightBreed on the
WOD webpage by B.J.Zanzibarr. Http://php.indiana.edu/~adashiel/wod/wod.html
If you can't find it there. perhaps try a search engine it's usually
a link on some of the WOD links pages. The Nightbreed is under the
World of Darkness Potpourri, then click on The Potpourri and it's under N
- Nightbreed are not human, they are not zombies. They are dead, but dead is
only a state of mind to them. They claim to be older than any race on earth,
They are shapeshifters, not shapechangers, all with their own unique abilities.
Some may turn into animals, others can turn into fog. Some can fly, others have
increased speed and agility. Though their appearances do change a little, say
perhaps fangs, claws things like that. Like vampires they use a bloodpool, but
they do not drink blood, and can gain back their bloodpool by eating raw,
preferably fresh meat. Their powers, you can use disciplines of kindred as
well as garou gifts. Just use bloodpool instead of gnosis or rage. They also
heal back one health level per round. Unless it's aggrivated. Agg damage would be
fire, electricity, or sunlight for a nightbreed. Nightbreed's bloodpool depends
on their age. 0-100 (5pt bp), 101-200 (8pt bp), 201-300 (11pts), 301-400(14pts),
401-500(17pts) and 501+ (20pts). Now this doesn't mean you should automatically
take a 501+ Nightbreed..just for a higher bloodpool, also I really wouldn't
want to see anyone playing Cabal, who is the only Nightbreed that can go out
into the sunlight.
- Tribes of the moon and becoming a Nightbreed.
- Yes there's more, first I'll touch on becoming a night breed.
There are two ways. Number 1-Being born to it, so when like an
Immortal dying their first death, you become Nightbreed upon your
death. Number 2-Being bitten. This will work only if the venom
of a Nightbreed settles into you before you die. If it doesn't
have a chance to, and you die, you just die. But if say you linger
for a few hours or recover from the bite and get shot the next day
then you become a Nightbreed.
- Bairns-Most humanlike, and have never really let go of their
human sides. They can change shape easily. They may have slight details
about them that are more than human. Such as glistening skin or two holes
in their stomachs.
- Beasts--Savages who have almost completely given up on their human sides.
most don't resemble humans very much, More like humanoid monsters. These
have difficulty following the laws of the Nightbreed. and Have been known
to eat a natural or two..
- Berserkers--I have to say there should be NONE of these online, they aren't
remotely even human at all and most are over 6ft tall. They make fomori, seem
like fwuffy widdle bunnywabbits(oooQuote), and have the self control of
Donald Duck, with the intelligence of an ant. They are always in kill mode.
And fortunately there aren't many of them left.
- Some Nightbreed have the ability to sense Naturals like the Garou gift
sense wyrm..Meaning they sense, Humans, Kindred, Immortals, Mages, Garou, and
Faeries. yup almost all the muck's considered Naturals:P They don't particularly
like Kindred, as they consider them ex-Naturals and Nightbreed wannabes.
They get along with Garou as long as they aren't of the tribes Silverfang, and
- Red Talons(These two tribes Helped destroy the first Midian and the nightbreed
consider them traitors)
- That's about it, There's definately more on the webpage.
- Oh one last thing, there's a Canadian group of hunters called the Sons of Free
that take delight in hunting Nightbreed...
- Nightbreed, do not need to sleep. They spend their days hiding
from the sun and come out in the dark of night.
- Vampires feeding from a Nightbreed would probably find the blood
revolting. As Nightbreed are dead, and would probably gain no
sustenance from them.
- Nightbreed feeding-Vampires, A nightbreed would be pretty down on
their luck before trying this I would suppose. Since they don't really
care too much for kindred.
- Fae- Would cause a Nightbreed to Hallucinate, or become rather drunk,
and perhaps cause powers to go haywire.
- Immortals, Mages Garou, - It would have an intoxicating effect more
than likely to feed off any of these creatures.
- Brodie (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Homo Sapiens ( yeah plain old humanity ) -- 21:47:04 10/26/97 EST
- [This post was taken from B.J.Zanzibarr's WOD page]
- Homo sapiens, or "Normal Man" first appeared in the World of Darkness in the small sliver of time after Caine slew his brother, but before Gaia drew Her chosen warriors. There is much speculation as to the origin of this strange animal, but most hold that it was created when a breed of ape-like creatures began to use tools and walk upright. There are many factions in the Gothic-Punk world that would like to get their hands (paws, essences...) on it. The most remarkable thing about these creatures is that they are totally mundane -- they have not been Embraced, are not Kinfolk, are not Awakened, nor even are they ghouls, revenants, enchanted, or gifted with Numina. They show no talent for magick at all, and rumours persist that when they die, they simply stop existing.
- Unbelievable, but there are those out there who have claimed to have met one. Rare in the extreme, Homo sapiens lives in total obscurity its entire life, never aware that all around it are powerful supernatural forces.
- While related to Kinfolk, ghouls, etc., it must be made perfectly clear that these poor beings share none of the special abilities of their cousins. Most go through their lives in straightforward, ordinary jobs, without being recruited for special government taskforces, or even approached by Pentex. Needless to say, they are on the verge of extinction as the world embraces more and more supernaturals. As a whole, Homo sapiens are difficult in the extreme to find. There is currently only one living member of this group in North America, and he lives surrounded on all sides by secrets and cover-ups. Another "Normal Man" was said to live in central Canada, but closer investigation found that he was in reality an Awakened Gypsy Kinfolk, who was later recruited to serve as a Fomorach in a Pentex battle against a Mummy.
- Plans are currently underway to find more Homo sapiens, preferably female,
so that some sort of breeding program can be set up. If successful, such a program
could ensure a race of menial labourers for whoever wins the Ascending-Gehenna-Apocalypse.
- To create one of these strange creatures, use the stats listed in the Vampire Player's Guide for Mortals (remembering, of course, that Mortals and humans are not the same), but you must make sure that humans do not take any Supernatural Merits or Flaws, are in no way related to Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, or Changelings, do not possess Numina, and are not employed by government-types in a global takeover scheme. Also, they must never be subjected to Wyrm-toxins, Glamour, the Embrace, spiritual persuasion, psychic probing, magical rituals, Pranks, or accidental falls into Vhujunka-infested Black Spiral Hives, lest they cease being mundane humans. So there you have it -- the most elusive being in the entire World of Darkness. Hope you enjoyed it. Now I can get on with creating my Ananasi-Mokole hybrid, the Draconids.
- About the Author:P
- Mike Darling currently lives in Ontario, with much too much free time on his hands. He is an Enchanted Fianna-Silent Strider Metis Abomination, who is Truly Faithful that we are all figments of Malkav's imagination.
- Derek -- The Revenant Families -- 22:19:08 11/24/97 EST
Also posted in vampire2.html
- Hundreds of years ago, the flesh-crafting fiends of the Sabbat, the Tzimisce, created several families of altered ghouls to serve their foul ends. These 'Revenant' families have several characteristic's in common: They are not human. Their genetic structure has been altered so that they have a constant pool of vampiric blood in their systems. Like normal ghouls, they can learn disciplines, all have access to the super-strength discipline Potence, and they can use this blood their body produces to heal wounds.
- The revenants age much slower than humans, and are extremely inbred. Over the years the families have become increasingly perverse, to the point where the Sabbat themselves have taken upon themselves to destroy several of the Revenant families in purges. Of the original families, only four are believed to remain: The Bratovitches, the Grimaldis, the Obertuses, and the Zantosas. Like vampires, each family has its own strengths and specific family weaknesses.
- The Bratovitches -- Bratovitchs embody 'white trash.' They are inbred, incestuous, and twisted. They revel in lupine meat whenever they can get it; their primary purpose in modern times is to breed hunting hounds for the Sabbat. They frenzy as easily as a Brujah.
- The Grimaldis -- The Grimaldis pass for regular humans, or try to. Upper
crust debutantes and playboys, all are blood bound to a Sabbat bishop.
- The Zantosa -- The Zantosa are crazed hedonist who, among other things, raise stables of fine horses... for food. Their primary use to the Sabbat is their great wealth, otherwise they are perhaps most likely to be 'purged.' Any who are exposed to pleasure (sex, drugs, rock & roll, anything) have a very high chance of becoming addicted.
- Obertus - The Obertus are obsessive scholars. They gather knowledge for the whole of their lives, ostensibly to benefit their Sabbat 'masters,' but in reality it is to surpass them all (revanants, humans, vampires alike) and rise to a higher evolutionary level. Their weakness is obsession or an unhealthy desire for absolute perfection.
- It should be noted that due to the insular natures of the Revenant familes,
few (mostly the young & untried) leave their homes.
- Vanessa -- Windrunners -- 20:47:24 12/14/97 EST
- I got this from a WOD page and the author is Peloquin.
- The Windrunners prefer to call themselves the Children of Aeolos, or simply Aeoleans. They are born of human parents and have no other blood bonds other than human. Yet, somehow, they're born different. During their adolescence, they begin to have odd dreams. Dreams of Something trying to communicate with them. All of a sudden, they find that they can move faster than lightning. They are drawn to the nearest of their kind and usually recieve an explanation. The Aeolos has decided that they are to be his knights against the Slow, their name for the Wyrm. What the Aeolos is, noone truly knows.
- Each century, all Aeoleans choose a Ruling Council, which decides the Aeoleans policies against the outside world, and what to reveal to any allies they gain. For the moment, the Ruling Council is located in Washington, DC, in an old abandoned warehouse. In most other ways, the Aeoleans are pretty free.
- Their allies are usually the Fianna, some of the more anarchic Mage Traditions, and the Fae, but other denizens of the world of darkness have been known to help them. They have powerful allies, but, of course, also powerful enemies. They are quite rabid about their relationships with Kindred and hold some secret grudge against them from long ago. They bear an unrelenting contempt and ill-hidden hatred for Kindred. They also carry a thorn in their sides for the Wyrm, which they call the Slow, and they often aid Fianna in raids upon Wyrm caerns or terrorist attacks upon Pentex corporations.
- The Access is the power that makes them what they are. First, your aging process slows. You still age, only at half the normal rate. At 100, you like like you're in your forty's. The average lifespan is 250 years.
Second, they heal all normal wounds almost immediately. 3 Health levels per action round. Aggravated damage heals slower, 1 Health level per hour, unless below Incapacitated, because that means you're dead. Only Agg. damage can do enough damage to kill a Windrunner.
- Third, they are invulnerable to all speed damage, they can sit on the roof of a jetplane and stay there. During flight in Mach 3. They feel the winds, but they enjoy them. And their clothes never rip from the winds, either.
Fourth, they gain incredible speed. With your basic level 1 Access, you can run at 50 mph. At the max. level 10, you can run at the speed of light and gain the ability to enter the Umbra. However, running at the speed of light causes you to take 3 Health levels Agg. damage.
- BTW, one of the main limitations of Windrunners, especially ones in the city, is forethought. Their thought processes aren't sped up by the Access, so, for example, if one were running down a street at Mach 1, they would have to know in advance that a turn was coming up or else they would miss the turn and probably crash into something causing severe damage. And also, speeding up your arm(s) to punch something or someone would hurt just as much as if you were to punch that thing or person normally.
- Oh, yeah. Windrunners can sense each other. To set yourself up:
access?: **** You sense another Aeolean nearby... ****
- That's pretty much all I have to say about them. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to page or p #mail me. :)
Vanessa, your local faster than sound chick. ;)
- Sabriel -- Elementals -- 23:51:49 02/17/98 EST
- The first elementals were created eons ago when beings native to
planes far different from our own came here and mated with a small group
of humans and an even smaller group of the Fae. The offspring of these
unions became known as the elementals for their control over ones of
the four elements: Earth, Air, Water, Fire.
The abilities of the elementals depends on their element of influence.
All of their powers derives from this element and thus they have a
very deep connection to it.
The Earth Elementals were known as "The Guardians of Land" in ancient
times. Their abilities affected the earth and the land intself, whether
it was the delicate plants who derived their strength from the land or
the sheer power and majesty of the strong earthquakes and tallest mountains.
These elementals may turn themselves into forms of stone, soil, sand etc.
While in this form, travel through a like material becomes extremely
rapid, for example an earth elemental in sand form would be capable of
travelling along an extremely large coast in a matter of minutes. Also
the earth elementals may stimulate plant growth and cause terrible disasters
with their powers, creating earthquakes and the like with ease.
The Air Elementals were known as "The Guardians of Sky" in ancient times.
Their abilities affected the atmosphere and the winds, capable of directing
the gentle breeze or bringing down the massive fury of a hurricane upon
a gentle landscape. By lifting and propelling themselves with their
generated winds the air elementals may fly with great skill and at great
speeds, capable of exceeding 500 mph. Controlling the weather is not
very difficult for them, and with the skilled use of winds and clouds
a deadly hurricane may be summoned and allowed to cause mass destruction.
If such a level of skill is obtained that the air elemental may assume
gaseous form at will, they may also removes all the air from and area
effectively causing a lethal vacuum. Because of their deep ties to the
atmosphere, air elementals must keep their emotions in check because the
weather and air conditions can be greatly affected by their moods, so
many have been forced to appear cold and hardened to the outside world.
The Water Elementals were known as "The Guardians of the Deep" in ancient
times. Their abilities affected water and moisture, being able to shape
and control water with incredible ease. Also the water elmentals had
the least trouble assuming element form out of the four kinds. Many make
their homes near large bodies of water, where they can call upon the
waves themselves to come to their defense. Like their abilities to control
water, the water elementals may, with more effort, control ice and snow.
The full extent of their power may be seen in a deadly tsunami, although
this activity is so taxing that it may even cause death. Oddly, unlike
other elementals, who affect their element with their emotions, the water
elementals are affected by the state of the nearest body of water.
The Fire Elementals were revered by the wisest of tribes, who were
capable of comprehending the constructive and not only the destructive
properties of flame. These tribes called the fire elementals by the name
of "The Guardians of Flame" and for obvious reasons. These elementals
may shape and manipulate fire, or ignite combustable materials with a
thought. Although the fire elementals are capable of entering fire form,
not many like to, since they seem to become overly reckless and burn things
they never meant to. If this level of control may be reached, the elemental
may summon up a deadly inferno in an area, but since this firestorm
is maintained solely by the elementals will, it is extremely taxing. Like
the air elementals, the fire elementals seem to affect their environment
strongly with their moods. Unfortunately many do not take the time to
keep themselves in check, thus if one loses their temper, things are bound
The Elementals have bodies that are very similar, if not the same to those
of humans. Besides the influenced appearance and natural resistances that
are given to the elementals, their are hardly any noticeable medical
The Earth Elementals appear as usually muscular, sturdy people, although
a few have been known to be willowy and delicate. Their skin is always
a soft cream or a rich tan. Their eyes can be green or deep brown, and
their hair ranges from sandy blond to brown to black.
The Air Elementals have some of the odder appearances of the four.
With delicate, porcelain looks for the females, and classically handsome
looks for the males, these elementals may also be qualified as the most
beautiful. They always have brilliant white or silvery gray hair and
always have shockingly pale skin. Their eyes complete the ethereal look
with frosted pale blue and gray.
The Water Elementals usually appear with deep black hair. But this is just
a dye to mask the naturally blue or green coloring. With pearlesque skin
and aqua eyes, the water elementals are, like the air elementals, truly
a beautiful sight to behold.
The Fire Elementals have an appearance to match their hot personalities.
Having either fair, freckled skin or richly tanned skin, the fire elementals
Having either fair, freckled or richly tanned skin with flaming red hair,
the fire elementals are often very exotic in their beauty. Always having
either leaf green or hazel eyes, their is no regular build for this type,
though a number have been known to be small and spritely.
The Elementals have potentially immortal lifespans, capable of dying through
violent means. In the event of a death, however, the elementals may return
to life if their is a sudden manifestation of their element in the area
of their body. For example if dumped into the ocean after a water elemental
died, it would return to life within several minutes.
The Elementals reproduce through means just like that of a human and may
and usually reproduce with them. If two elementals have sex the child
will be of random gender, but will resemble the father and have the mothers
The Elementals require what humans require to eat, though a water
elemental require a little bit more moisture. For unknown reasons, if an
elemental is exposed to a large amount of their element for 15 minutes
they shall be rejuvinated and any fatigue or exhaustion they have felt
will be gone.
The weaknesses of the elementals are in accordance to their opposite.
The earth elementals are weak to the air elementals and vice versa, and
the same with the water and fire elementals. This is not to say that
they are not entirely unaffective against eachother, but just that
it is harder for them to face eachother with impressive results.
- These elementals are harder to control
than the magically conjured ones because the are connected to the elements
which offers protection to their minds and seems to strengthen their
wills form unknown reasons. This is not to say that they cannot be
controlled, but only states that is is harder to do so since they can fight
such intrusions and at higher levels of control, they can fight with some
- Riley -- Healers Another kind -- 14:41:37 06/29/98 EDT
- For more on the concept of Healers, see the website: http://php.indiana.edu/~adashiel/wod/archive/healers.html
- Healers have been around for as long as humans have and have been periodically persecuted through the ages because of what they can do. They can Heal with a mere touch. It's not something they can control, it just happens whenever there is flesh-to-flesh contact with another creature. They, unfortunately, cannot Heal themselves.
- Another 'race' that appears different to the Healer's sight are the Shadows. Their lifeweb connections are stronger and brighter than normal humans, but not as bright as Immortals.
- But, Shadows are a well-kept secret and most Healers wouldn't know why a Shadow's lifeweb is so strong.
- Thanks goes to Kylara for her help with this. If anyone else out there has a unique 'race' whose lifeweb they think would look different from a normal human's, just let me know.
- Tadi -- Host -- 15:34:57 10/09/98 EDT
- Hosts are normal humans, or animals that serve as vessal for a powerfull spirit or god to interact more easier with the mortal world. Occasionally a supernatural creature can become a Host, but this isn't very often. Hosts gain some powers of the spirt they are linked too but can also have the spirit take over their body. A "shift" (Other Power comeing into control of the body, either fully or partually) will tire the Host out and they will need rest before doing much of anything.
- The Host can, at any time, communicate with their Other Power via a pshyic link and the Other Power allways knows the Hosts thoughts. Most Hosts are sighted, sort of. They can't acctually see with a second sight but their Other Power can, and can tell the Host should it wish to.
- In very extrem circumstances (sort of like a frenzy) the Host can gain access to most of the Other Power powers yet remain in controll of the body. After these instances, the Host desperatly needs sleep, usually for a period of at lest 10 hours.
- If you happen to be sighted you can tell a host by the touch of the Other Power in his/her aura.
- The worst thing that can happen to a Host is being cut off from their Other Power. Varius magical attacks can do this for short periods of time, yet it is immposiible to shut if the link for good. The Other Power can leave the Host should s/he do something Bad (that would be determined by the Other Power), usually their is a warning. This is much feared by the Host as it will leave them a "normal" person with memories of what they once were. After such a break the former-Host is unable to ever become linked to another Other Power again and a slight taint is left upon their aura.
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.