Other Clan Information
Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck. These are messages that don't fit in elsewhere, but are still part of the game, itself.
- Sudo (Who is no longer on the muck) -- HUMANS -- 23:33:27 07/25/96 EDT
- Okay, so about everyone here 'seems' human but really isn't. Okay, so what about the true humans who don't have immortal powers or anything. Heh... maybe they've got a gun or something, like that'll help them a lot. Perhaps, though, since a lot of the rest of the community knows there maybe be others around in the city, the humans might be the ones who are either the victims or else perhaps they get curious and stumble upon something interesting. They follow the trail, and find that something is really getting strange. Perhaps if they find out what someone else is trying to hide, they try to warm others, but those others might be one of the non-humans or else the other humans would think the person crazy for making up such a story. In the case of such a scenario, the human might have to keep his thoughts to her/himself, knowing the non-humans may have let him/her go, but will be keeping a close eye on him from now on >;) Hey, something like this could be fun! :D
- Morgan (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Rom/Gypsies -- 21:41:23 07/25/96 EDT
- (quoted from World of Darkness: Gypsies)
- The vampires skulk in the looming shadows of their undying world
of politics and pain. The werewolves known as Garou battle desperate-
ly, and perhaps hopelessly, to save the world they call Gaia. The
mages, and the faeries too, work to shape the world for their own
devices. But not the Rom, not the Gypsies.
- Those of the Blood of Daenna know their place in the World of
Darkness. The Gypsies recognize the plotting and battles behing the
Masquerade of the vampires, the werewolves' Veil, the mages' intri-
gues, the Underworld of the wraiths, and even the faerie hills'
whispers. Knowledge is both gift and curse to the Rom. Forever iso-
lated from other humans by their Blood and ways, the Rom await with
curiosity their role in the upcoming Convergence. Since the first
Gypsy walked the earth, individual Romani have played critical roles
at important points in history. As the wildcards at the Convergence,
the Rom expect to put on a particularly impressive show.
- Moriah -- 'Healer' -- 09:37:38 10/25/96 EDT
- There are those who believe that a true 'Healer' is born. They
are very much human, and the gift is within them at birth, and many
times they -discover- it the first time they are hurt. Such as a baby
learning to walk, falls down, scratches their knee, yet the wound heals
within moments after happening. Legend has it that such 'Healers' only
occur in female offspring. Something to do with the natural -nurturing-
of a species' female members. The desire to protect, love, care for,
etc...In any case the thing most prominate in the healing ability of
said 'Healer' is that it is the -blood- of the person themself. Not
magic, nor spells, nor herbs and such. The actual lifeblood of this
person. Which is why the person is born this way, instead of -becoming-.
And always, they are the offspring of one who is that way, or perhaps
had an ancestor who was somewhere. Most are gifted with telepathy as
well. The ability to 'touch' your mind, used mostly to help in soothing
you even as they tend that which ails you. As well as being able to
wipe your mind of a terrible experience, or heal the mind of any
harmful things such as brainwashing, or any other form of manipulation.
They are also able to 'Dream Hop'. This is basically being able to
reach into your dream and -pull- you from it, or -alter- it, or -
accompany- you through...perhaps to hold your hand and help you get
past it. All in all, the 'Healer' is just that. One who's soul
literally cries out to them to aid one in need, regardless of whom they
might be. The 'Healer's' blood is not able to be bottled, nor
preserved. It must be fresh from the body of the 'Healer' to work.
Either by being applied to the wound, or injested. Since the properties
of the blood can not be altered, nor -polluted- in any way, little
affects it. Nor does it stay in the body of the one it is used to help.
It is quickly used, then absorbed and passed through the system,
leaving no detectable trace of having been there to begin with. The
aura of the 'Healer' is a complete and perfect balance. White for
purity, Black for the latter, and Green for the neutrality of the two
combined. The touch of the 'Healer' is able to restore life and
vitality to things such as plants and other non-animated type of living
- Now add to this the blood of an Elven Lord. They are said to
possess magics and telepathy, gifts of dominate and prowess, etc...They
can often times control animals with a look, or by touching the mind of
said animal, as well as stopping or silencing a wraith. They can
manipulate the minds of humans and other entities, causing a human to
forget something, or a Vampire to suddenly find they can not move. The
Vampire being far more powerful than the human, thus harder to control,
but the short time would allow for the Elven to vacate if needed. Some
are keepers of the land, watching over it and caring for it, healing it
when it is in need, leaving it when it flourishes. Animals are
attracted to them, and plants thrive under their ministrations. They
enjoy hunting and dancing, as well as having a high appreciation for
beautiful things, such as art, buildings, etc. You now have a being
with the best of both worlds. Human in every sense, save for little
things which are detectable to the naked eye, persay. Some have ears
that must be hidden, others, eyes which seem to be odd or bear an
unnatural light or glitter to them. Other times the skin tone is off,
looking perhaps overly flushed, or having a soft greenish or bluish
tint to it. It varies in each being. Some ending up with all of the
- The HalfElven 'Healer' is a very powerful being, but at most
times is totally unaware of it. They know what they can do, but not to
what extent, since their concerns are on how they can help only. Not so
much on the actual -power- they possess. They become -immortal- with
the mixture, reaching full growth, then seeming not to age again until
they reach a term of 500yrs. Aging a little more each time til they
reach a stage equivalent to that of a human in their early fifties.
There, it merely stops. These are called 'Elders' by others of their
kind, including FullElvens. Humans shun them, 'tis true, but The Elven
Nation view them as precious and special beings. The HalfElven does not
have the sensitivity that most Fae do to cool iron. They can not be
embraced, for the draining of their blood will not only kill them, but
the Vampire who does it. A Vampire -is- able to drink form them,
though. The older ones will experience severe stomach pains for the
first day or few days if they take too much. Mild stomach upset from a
little of it. Younger Vampires can experience emotional trauma persay,
and Childe or New Vampires can even be reversed back to what they were
before being embraced. The blood will also reverse a Ghoul, returning
them to their natural state. Yes, the 'Healer' can help the quote
unquote Undead's ailments as well, but only to a certain extent, as
their flesh technically is no longer living. Save from draining, the
only other way to kill the HalfElven 'Healer' is to severe the head
from the body, and separate the two. For if they touch by so much as a
trickle of blood, it will heal...spooky...
- As you can see, a being such as this is benefitial to all,
with one catch. Most generally, even if you are a friend, you will need
to approach the being, unless they happen to be there and the need is
- ==Moriah gives Carmen a HUGE grin. "You are not the only one
who can be long winded. I just hold it all inside then throw it out in
one fatal shot! :P :)"==
- Bran (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Guardians -- 16:07:41 11/05/96 EST
- Bran is a Guardian, a la Diana Tregarde from Mercedes Lackey's Books.
If you have never read those, here is a thumbnail of wht Guardians are:
Guardians are people who are bound to never ignore a cry for help. If
they refuse one, well, bad karma tends to set in. They are very much on
the side of the angels, a fact that often brings them more grief than
not. They are usually at least moderately Talented, and almost always
have the Sight in one form or another. So long as they are protecting
themselves, or doing other magical workings, they are "on their own".
- They must rely on their own Power and abilities.
- However, if they are present when Innocents are threatened (whatever
definition of Innocent is used tends to be a bit slippery. Basically,
they have to be in the situation they are in through no great fault of
their own), huge amounts of power are made available to them. The
problem is, they stick out like a lighthouse to things that feed on
Power, as well as anybody else with Sight, and when the threat is over,
the Power goes away again....
- Sgt.Muldoon-- Police.. almost a clan. -- 18:55:18 11/20/96 EST
- While the Police aren't, per-se, a clan as such, they _are_ a structured
organization, and as such, should be run (and played) in that manner.
What does this mean? This means I'd prefer if everyone and their mother
didn't come into the park waving a badge and claiming to be an officer.
I'd like it if all people who wish to be police or investigating agents
register themselves with me so that I can put together a chart of all
official and legal officers at the precinct house (Not yet publically
- Just as a rule of thumb, I think many of the players here would appreciate
it if officers were human. Why? As 'officials of the law,' we should be
here to both assist as plot elements, and to make sure that people keep
their actions within the masquerade. We should not be instigating
elements nor power-gamers. Our only power should be the power of the law,
and the power of many offiers of like mind working together. Being
sighted is one thing... but get too insistent about Anjels running
about the city is just going to loose you your job...
- At this time, police alts/characters are run by wizzes and tinyplot staffers. They are not regular player-characters, and are used primarily as theme enforcement - Greye
- Tor_Narat -- Obsidian Dragons -- 07:43:38 08/08/96 EDT
- TO THOSE WHO HAVE FELT THE DRAGON INSIDE: Dragonkind has found a home in the Obsidian Dragons. Page #mail me, or page me if I'm online, to join this honorable sect of the darker half of life.
- Obsidian Dragons are man-sized plus their extended necks. They may or may not have wings, depending on their age. At the moment, no Obsidian Dragon has wings, as the Elder of the only Clan in current existence is under the age required for such appendages. Obsidian Dragons, however, are powerful in the ways of the mind (psychic energies) and can cause themselves to fly anyway. We have an innate shape-shifting ability, but we cannot erase marks from our bodies by shifting our shape. Scars, tattoos, and the like will remain on any shape you choose. This limitation was put in place eons ago by the first Obsidian herself, Aarin Saavak, or "True Wolf Priestess". Her husband was a kitsune, who was known to humans as Allan of Nine. This limit on shapeshifting was imposed to keep dragons honorable in their human professions by not getting themselves all marked up (a diplomat with a scar isn't so effective, is he? More on occupations later). Dragons, under ideal conditions, can live forever. Illness and battle are the only two things that can ever bring an Obsidian Dragon to 'The Way of the Wolf' (Death).
- Obsidian Dragons have the ability to shfpeshift into one (1) human form of their own creation. Any forms past that must be compilations (NOT COPIES!) of the looks, clothing, and mannerisms of those around them. Obsidian Dragons also can assimilate the knowledge of another being, be it human, Dragon, or other wise. This can only be done with the other person's permission, and you may only know what they wish you to. This is an excellent way to gain new knowledge, and a good incentive for keeping friendly. Obsidian Dragons possess the natural ability to fly through psychokinetic energies. This may look funny, but it sure beats walking when you're only 400 and won't get your wings for another 300 years. We are not a race of second sight, but we can sense if there is a self lying under the surface (shapeshifters), and possibly of what kind. The only detriment to this psychic strength is that our auras are easier to read than other races' and that any clan insignia, unless properly psychically covered, will completely divulge your background to anyone reading your aura. Bad if you want to hide your Dragonhood. Good if you've been mistaken for Garou or Vampire or anything anything else might like to snack on in human form, while the flesh is still sweet.
- For as small as the Dragon Clan is (1 confirmed member / 1 prospective), I
still feel it my duty to relay the following rules about Dragons. The first is
about a few of our other abilities. We do not necessarily posses quick healing
as an essential power, but many of us have picked it up over the years, so any
Dragon of over 400 years may automatically assumed to have it. The next thing
is SPEED. Dragons do NOT posses super-speed, nor is it a 'skill' to be gained.
Dragon's blood is another issue of contention (at least among the three Dragons
that have been). The act of drinking our blood can add to any shapeshifting
race, except those defilers of Gaea (BSD, Vampires, Zmei, Wyrm), the ability to
shift into a draconic form. Know, though, that your skills and abilities that
are excluded by the Draconic race will not transfer through the morph. Also
know that Vampires who drink our blood suffer some VERY nasty consequences
(note: the following rules are STRAIGHT from an 'indie' RPG):
- Their thirst for blood is quenched, though the blood does not physically sate them.
- They experience a complete state of drunkenness for 2d20 hours, beginning d20 hours after they drink the Dragon's blood (be it from a Dragon, a bottle, or
- During the time of their drunkenness, they are unable to assume
any form but their Vampiric form (if it differs from their normal human form).
- If the entirety of this time occurs while you are offline, then expect a
story in the Snoop chronicling your 'sleepwalking' escapades (and don't expect
it to be nice). Anyone who knows of anyone drinking a Dragon's blood, please
relay that fact to me, and I will do all the necessary calculations, etc. PLAY
IC, GUYS. The Vampires in this area have NO CLUE as to what happens when they
drink Dragon's blood, so don't act like you do.
- Okay. To begin with, now that the whole sensing thing is working right,
I'd like to tentatively include the sort that Obsidian Dragons can sense.
(Sorry, Alder, forgot about the others). We can sense Garou of any sort, our
prime job being their unseen keepers. We CANNOT sense Vampires. Black Spiral
Dancers? Yes. Zmei? If I ever find one. Wyrm? You betcha. Immortals? Nope.
Mages? Neh. Fae? Very faintly. Holy ground of any sort? Make your sense
messages long, spammy, and UPPERCASE. Holy Ground triggers a REAL reaction in
Obsidian Dragons. Okay, the business part aside, here's the pleading. If you
are interested in playing in a VERY complicated clan on this MUCK, please
contact me or Nephrite. Preferably me. I will be more than happy to show you
around the whole area I've built/am still BUILDING for the Laran Clan.
- Okay, I'm not going to go through the whole explanation of how to set up
the sense thing...@view #3978 to do that for yourself. But I WILL tell you a
few things you need to know. Garou and Fae can sense us. So can the Wyrm. So,
in your sense listing, add the props Dragon?: and Obsdrag?:, along with any
necessary notification strings. Also, other Dragons can sense us, and we can
sense them, whether or not they normally have sensing powers. This is a side
effect of having an increased Darconic aura. Oh yes, Garou, would you mind
including SOME sort of flag on yourself so we can sense you? P #mail me when
someone decides what the flag's going to be. Thank you.
- Alder (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Dragons -- 10:46:51 02/14/97 EST
- I believe there are multiple types of dragons on this muck,
just like there are (were) multiple forms of vampires, and
multiple forms of mages.
- Trent -- Katurians -- 14:36:32 10/07/96 EDT
- Many Years ago, several sages came together seeking to gain knowladge no
mortal evver possessed. What this knowladge would be, or what form it would
take, they knew not, but they belived with much study, it could be obtained.
They studied for years, reading scrolls and tomes and working with ancient
artifacts. Finally after about 50 years of intensive labor, the came across
a ritual they belived would give them access to the "magical" powers that
surround the planet. However, someting went wrong in the ritual, the sages
did tap in to a magical power, however, it did not bend to their will as
they had hoped it would. Instead, the magic failed and disheartened the
sages hopes. Most of the sages were getting old by this time, and quit
their studies, but one still remained, he knew and saw it would take great
power to wield the external magicks that flooded the earth, but what he
also saw was, turning to the outside for a power that could be obtained by
reaching inside oneself, was ridiculous. So he went to work, studing the
human brain, learning about its power. He after amny years of studies, came
up with what he called "Mental Magic". This form of magic, is one that uses
the human spirit and phsycokinetic energies to it own end. Many powers
simply alter the "human" target. For example a Katurian can later his
molecular form and extend his arm several feet by rearranging his cell
structure. A Katurian can also erect a mental shield to prevent intruders
from entering his brain....
- Game Play Rules:
Katurians have the potentail to become very powerful players. Due to this
reason I have decided to enforce a "Right of Passage" to weed out
powergamers" and "twinks". Basically, if you are either of those I will
basically if you are either of those, dont even ask to join us.
- Granted Powers:
Katurians can control there own metabolism to the point that they can
extend there own life spans to 1,000 to 1,500 years. Katurians rely on
their mental energy so much, the only way to destroy one is through the
crushing of his skull, or other destruction of his brain.
- Thought Shield: This is the ability to protect your own mind
from intrusion. It keeps all unwanted invasion out. Does not stop reading
of ones aura however.
- Molecular Acceleration: This is the ability to speed up or slow
down an objects molecules. This can cause combustion as well as freezing in
- Disintigrate: This is the ability to dispurse ones molecules into
space. This only works on non-living targets. You get a serious head ache
if you try it on living, or undead things.
- Levitation: The user can float in any direction holding up to 150
extra pounds of wieght.
- Invisiblity: The abilty to make one disappear. All light exept for
ultraviolet will dissapear.
- Powerful Katerians have other powers, but one will have to play here awhile
before you are granted access to these.
Katerians have a nasty habit of attraction mental attention to themselves.
The influx of phsycokinetic power has attracted many nasty things in the
past... Who knows what may appear here.... (No, no room for TP here. :) )
Vampires cannot drain a Katerian. They can cannot turn you into a vampire
or a ghould. They do however (this is the disadvantage) gain triple the
sustanance from your blood. (This has resulted in a fear of vampires. It
has also resulted in a rather peculiar realtioship a time or two.)
Finally do to ridicule, we have learned to keep to ourselves. Many distrust
us and will react violently to our powers...
- Oh yea.. One more thing.. As soon as I figure it out... We will be able
to detect each other through the influx of mental energy in there area...
- Keno -- Avatars -- 11:23:36 12/23/96 EST
- (This is copied from Keno's pinfo, in case any others might wish to
play Avatars. :) )
- Keno is an Avatar of Kismet, the goddess of luck. Yes, the gods of old
are still around, just not as prominant as they used to be. Avatars are
humans which are chosen for various reasons to represent the interests
of a deity on earth. They sometimes are unaware that they are Avatars.
Avatars, in return for their service, are gifted with paranormal powers
that reflect the sphere of power their patron deity controls. Depending
on the nature of the deity, Avatars have limited control over these
powers. It is important to remember that ultimately, the deity has the
say of what happens when the powers are used, not the Avatar.
- In Keno's case, being in the service of a luck Goddess, he finds himself
blessed(?) with unusually high luck. This not only applies to things
like games of chance, which he will win at an alarming rate, but also
in his day-to-day life. An attacker may find a patch of ice under his
feet, or his gun may jam unexpectedly, or that despite being showered
in bullets from a machine gun, none of them managed to hit anything
vital. This luck can also mean bad luck, but even then, he tends to
have a high serindipity factor as well, turning what seems like a bad
thing into a good, such as falling down a sewer only to find the
only exit out. Of course, sometimes his luck just vanishes, at the
whims of Kismet, who is a particularly whimsical being. Usually if
this happens, Kismet is punishing him for taking his luck for granted,
or she has some other purpose in mind. He might crash on the highway,
only to seek refuge at a farmhouse where his aid might be needed.
Finally, he has a very limited access to a form of 'Luck Magic'.
- Since he has almost no control over it, he is loathe to use it. The
luck magic opens a magical rift to a chaotic dimension, and when it
does, 'stuff' happens. Keno can try to shape the effects of this, but
such is usually fruitless. Anything can happen when he casts a spell,
and does, from something as powerful as streams of lightning striking
the area, to a soft rain of flowers starts dropping from the sky, to
all a nearby person's clothes turning bright pink. Naturally, he does
not use this in public, if possible.
- Further, Avatars are usually marked in some permanent way when they
recieve their powers, either a tatoo, or scar, or discoloration of
the skin or hair or eyes, etc.
- Zima -- 'Mutants' -- 15:39:08 12/31/96 EST
- Okay...We all know there are humans out there...*somewhere*. They may be hard to find, but they're there. Trust me on this one, okay? Well...There are also
some humans out there born with rare abilities or deformities. These poor souls
are labeled as 'mutants'. The mutations encompass everything from a simple
hunchback to psychic abilities. For instance, you could be like that lovely
young woman in the Hitchhiker's Guid to the Galaxy series whose name I don't
remember. The one who floated about a half inch above the earth, everywhere
she went. Whether she walked or ran, or jumped several feet, her feet never
touched the earth -- something no one ever noticed. After all, a half inch
isn't very big, and it's nearly impossible to see from up above. Some mutants
may, in fact, not even know they *are* mutants, or that they have odd powers.
- As far as the Kindred and others are concerned, these are humans. They taste
no different, and they don't provide any more or less sustenance, and they
probably wouldn't gain any of the mutant's abilities by drinking from them
It isn't, after all, carried in the blood. Mutants can be fed from and
embraced, just as any 'normal' human can.
- The restrictions on mutants are simple:
- The mutation you possess, whether physical, psychic, or mental,
*must* be one that can conceivably be contained within the human
body. One cannot, for instance, have fire running through their
veins -- though they may have a feel for fire, and be able to put
a fire out or start one with their thoughts.
- The mutant *must*, at all times, hide any psychic or mental mutations
from others. Humans are an unforgiving lot. If they know about you,
they will kill you.
- Any questions or ideas, please page or page #mail me.
- Lex (Who is no longer on the muck) -- RE: Mutants -- 19:35:33 01/29/97 EST
- To those who are White Wolf inclined, pick up Ascension's Right Hand for examples on how to design 'mutants', familiars, and other assorted critters. You can design almost ANYTHING with the system included therein.
- Malkav -- On Aliens... -- 19:21:02 02/13/97 EST
- Aliens. Well, I don't really see aliens being out of theme, except that
exceptionally high tech and resources could be unbalancing. For general
purposes, tho, aliens should have their powers based on some degree of
"tech" and some degree of physionomy. They should probably not, for
game purposes, be "sighted" or such, as that involves magick, not tech.
- But hey, if Mulder and Scully can battle vampires one day and aliens
the next, why not?
- Alder (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Aliens -- 22:57:28 02/13/97 EST
- While Alien technology can get very out of hand, _very_ quickly,
in many cases it is no more outrageous than many of the powers
(Mind control, spellcasting, immortaility, mega-rapid healing, etc.)
already present on this muck. Moreover, any alien would be
_extremely_ subject to having to hide from the non-aliens, 'cause
most "technology" can be copied... If it's found out that you
know how to build phasers, your number suddenly becomes
1-800-dial-a-raygun, as everyone sets out to get you! :)
- Given those restrictions, I can see Aliens being in theme.
- Now, if your alien happens to have a Starship/Star destroyer
in orbit, or other such ludicrous things, _then_ there's
a definite problem.
- Again, it's just a matter of maintaining balance and playability.
- Victor_Creed -- Pryo Dreadnaught -- 18:43:15 03/15/97 EST
- The Pryo Dreadnaughts are a race thought to have disappeared over a thousand years ago.
- The race is easily identified by their snow colored skin and ice blue eyes. These people are incapable expierencing fear, hence the name Dreadnaught. All of the Dreadnaughts have very powerful telekinetic abilities. This power they recive from their minds renders them impervious to any type of mental attack. The Pyro Dreadnaughts have the ability to ignite any thing they wish (ie. air, bodies).
- Combined with their telekinetic ablities Pyro Dreadnaughts can control the the fire they create. They also are not affected by any type of fire or heat, but seem to enjoy cold weather more than warm. Just about always these people end in the
mercinary type jobs.
More info for other non-standard character races
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.