Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck.
- From Conor_Macleod (Who is no longer on the muck) 11:42:24 06/27/96 EDT
"From the Dawn of Time We came, moving silently. No one never knew We were among You...until now." -Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez
- You awake one morn, yet you know that you were dead. You actually died, yet here you are, alive, with no injuries. You cut yourself, but the wound heals miraculously quick. You are banished for being a 'witch' yet you know you are not...
- You are an Immortal. For centuries, you have been alive. Due to The Quickening, the energy that binds immortals to each other, you can 'sense' when one of your kind is nearby. You may have to fight, but if you succeed by beheading your opponent, thereby asorbing the Quickening, and adding the fallen's memory and skills onto your own. We await for the GAthering where the last remaining Immortals battle until there is One. Then that winner will receive a special Gift...What that is, there is no clue.
- RULES OF IMMORTALS (Conor_Macleod's VERSION)
- You must first 'sense' another Immortal before you try to engage them in combat.
- You must keep your immortality a secret. By not doing that do you jeopardize the rest of us.
- Fights cannot be on Holy Ground. Also, avoid attacks in open public, or else this could cause exposure of our secret.
- Arrange a spot to fight. It can only be with the two fighters involved.
- Set up a story behind the fight. Make a past between you and the opponent. Gives a reason to the battle than to say, "Well, he was Immortal, so I had to take him down."
- After you have died, make a new name for yourself. Just 'cause your char is dead doesn't mean you have to leave the Game entirely.
- Use swords or bladed weapons!!!!
- 800 AD England:A young thief catches the Plague, and dies. Yet she wakes from it, alive, and in good health. She is an orphan, and always on the run, often in trouble....
- 1622 AD Scotland:The son of a Scottish chieftain is killed in battle, yet awakes from death, healed. Thought by him to be a miracle, the son is banished, considered a warlock. He is also told that he was found as an infant, and taken in by the chieftain. The young man scours the world, trying to learn who he is...
- 1992 AD USA:A young man gets shot outside of a house. An hour or two later, he wakes, alive. In the years ahead, he sees that he can't stay dead, and he can not age. He too is an orphan, his family unknown....
- What do these three have in common? They are Immortals. They live amongst humans, their long life a secret. They can 'sense' each other through The Quickening, that which makes them one in a group. They are only safe on Holy Ground, where fighting is not allowed.....Fighting, you say? Well...Immortals wait for the Gathering, a time where those Immortals left fight for the Prize, its contents unknown. An Immortal can not die unless their head is taken. When that happens, their Quickening is released, and their some knowledge and power are added to their killer.
- Immortals' lives are not all that private to mortals. There are some that watch over them, chronicling the events. These too are essential for Immortals. Some keep their distance, some become good friends, and there are those who have banded together to bring Immortals down.
- Some Immortals have skills besides their Immie ones. Some have been known to project thoughts into others, create illusions, read thoughts, and 'cleanse' others of their evil thoughts.
- Not all Immies have to fight each other. Many good ones form lasting friendships that will run forever. Some get married to each other. Just 'cause you meet an Immie doesn't mean you have to fight them then and there.
- If you are interested in joining, let Greye or Felix know. A program has been set up so that Immortals can 'sense' each other's presence, and mark what areas are Holy Ground.
- Brujah (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Kindred and Immortals: Vampires and Highlanders please read! -- 21:57:10 08/20/96 EDT
Just a few notes that may come in handy to Kindred and Highlander
immortals. There *have* been an unofficial set of Highlander rules
for the WhiteWolf world written, which are available on the net at:
- Anyway, there are a few important things both Kindred and immortals
- A vampire will gain absolutely *no* sustenance from the blood
of an Immortal. You can drink an Immortal dry, and you won't
gain a single point of blood from it.
- Vampires cannot kill Immortals by draining them. You *can*
reduce them to an incapacitated condition from which it will
take some time to heal, but you cannot kill them.
- Immortals cannot be Embraced or ghouled. Kindred blood has no
effect on an Immortal whatsoever.
- All other vampiric disciplines work vs. Immortals as normal.
- Hope this'll clear up any questions. Anything else you need to
know abou the Immortals, look it up on the web page! It's very good
in-depth information for RP purposes.. =)
- Duncan_Macleod -- Pre-Immortals??? -- 00:43:50 09/19/96 EDT
- Hello there. Recently, I was thinking and I feel that besides Immortals, we should have Pre-immortals as well. The Pre-Immies will get hurt and heal as normal people due, and grow older. Only when they due the first time do they gain the abilities of an Immortal.
- Duncan_Macleod -- Watchers??? -- 00:52:40 09/19/96 EDT
- A Watcher is supposed to Watch: observe, record, report. Their assignments are Immortals. They never intervere with their subjects, for that could expose the entire organization. They wear on their wrists a tattoo of a trefoil-in-circles. Any book with Watcher documents has the same symbol on them.
- There are a few that are Watchers here. I have a puppet that serves as mine, and a Watcher researcher, Adam Pierson, is about. Since I know of a few more Immortals around, we need folks to step in as their Watchers. I hope some of you will be up to the task.
- Duncan_Macleod -- Immortals Interaction with Others -- 13:00:35 09/25/96 EDT
- Hello there. I felt that after Brujah's mention of the web page, that I should tell my fellow Immies how to interact on here. Well, here goes:
It is very unlikely that a Vampire will be friends with an Immie. A vampire can suck a Immie dry, but can't kill them or make them a Vampire this way. A Vampire also cannot be sustained on Immortal blood.
Immortals are considered friends of Garous. We may use Caerns as Holy Ground. Wealthy Immies, though, could be considered enemies of the Garou or thought to be agents of the Wyrm.
These beings and Immortals don't mix. Mages will try to get an Immortal's Quickening so to empower themselves. Immortals are immune to Prime and Life spheres. Immortals don't stick to any clan or tribe. Mages' nodes are Holy Ground, but Immies will feel uncomfortable in a place where folks will want his or her head.
These creatures can't possess Immies, and have no real effect to them.
Sidhe will form alliances with Immortals. Some may hold clues to Immortal origins.
Fomori and black Spiral Dancers are very likely to kill us. Will consider us to be either of the Wyld or the Weaver alone, or of both. Wyrm hates us.
They predate the Arcanum. Have spent centuries studying, chronicling, but not interfering. They keep accurate records, blend in a crowd, and don't stand out. They don't trigger Immortal senses, and are trained to observe.
this is a Watcher branch like the Inquisition. They're fueled by paranoia. Its members hunt and kill Immortals. The Hunters may be going after other groups as well.
- Aeryn (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Caine's "other" children... -- 11:35:08 10/29/96 EST
- Greetings, I am Aeryn, and I am immortal....granted, that means little here, but I claim lineage from the most revered of those with the gift of immortality...or is it a curse? I deem it niether, as Caine himself is my origin. I am a Child of Caine, niether Wamphyri, nor Undead, Not immortal, nor am I mortal...I wander the realms, as the curse of my sire dictates, and have no fear of death...for it flees from me. I have many "Siblings", and a few are known to me. We wander over this world "searching" for a way to end our trek, but never have I heard of a "sibling" who has found a way to do such a thing...We, as a whole, have encountered the other children of Caine...Those creatures which traverse the night, and other spectres of even more intrepid existance. The Immortals, those with true immortality, are also known to us, and well respected, for they alone know our deep solitude and the pain we feel while interacting with those around us. A friend of a "Child" is a friend for life, though not easily made. An ememy, however is often regarded as a foolish infant with no thought on how they shall travel life. Enemies are those who regard them selves higher than those about them, a concept totally evil to us. We regard life as divine, and to take a life, the very act which granted this curse to our fore-father, is a sin that "Children" seek to rid the world of forever...Pacifists, most of us are, fighting only when it is deemed necessary, and only to end it there.
- If you wish to join us.....
Over time, and with the help of the true Immortals, we have learned that HolyGround is a refuge from most of our foes...Therefore...
Children?:***--->You sense a sibling nearby<----***
Immortal?:***---->You sense a True Immortal nearby<----***
HolyGround?:***----->You stand on Holy Ground<-----***
- Felix -- Dark Quickening Info. -- 15:06:23 12/04/96 EST
- I pulled this off the net from a WOD page it's from "Genaw, Jacob"
- The Dark Quickening happens to an Immortal once in their life. It happens when
the will of all the people that the character overpowers causes his own Dark Side
run free. It also happens without warning when a characters gained quickening
becomes twice the characters willpower. To overcome a dark quickening the character
must face his dark side (geez this sounds like a star wars thing) If he fails to
defeat the dark side you have to try again. When the dark quickening is defeated
the slate is wiped clean and the count for another dark quickening begins anew.
- I think an interesting thing to point out is that in the highlander series when duncan fought his evil self he was in a place that was considered magical..A Fae freehold or garou caern *maybe not the garou caern wouldn't work they're considered holyground* but oh well enough of that...anymore questions just pagemail me...
who will be seeing ya from the dark side of the moon
- Felix -- Immortals...Ala Highlander the gathering WW style... -- 05/03/97 EDT
- Ok this is going to be rather lengthy..I'll try and break it up
so it doesn't spam the crap out of you...All of my information
comes from this website though there are other and newer versions
- heh...Ok...here goes nothing shoot me later if you wanna I'll just
get back up;)
- Immortals appear at *random* from the human population. One in a million
perhaps maybe less. They are born humans until they die their first
death, and miraculously recover to their immortal lives...
- The Prize- A legend passed down through the ages by Immortals
through word of mouth that says a time will come when the
number of immortals in the world will grow small and those remaining
will feel the urge to travel to a far off land where they will fight
for the prize. The prize goes to the victor of the final battle. But heh
noone knows what the Prize is exactly, but it is the goal of every immortal.
as it is assumed the victor would in effect become a god...
- The Gathering- Is the legend of the few immortals that will be left to
fight for the prize.
- Quickening is the Immortals power..the quickening is in all
living things though in immortals it's a more tightly woven
pattern. Mages hold Quintessence in their bodies as do the garou
which hold the mystical energy of Gnosis..which is why to the
supernaturally trained eye Immortals will often be mistaken for
garou or mages...:)
- Quickening is gained when immortals fight each other the victor who
takes the losers head gains most but not all of their quickening
it's done with dice rolls but I won't bore you with the mechanics
of how quickening is figured as quickening experience ETC.....
Quickening Powers:) I bet you were just waiting for this one...
- * sense quickening - Some immortals gain this ability even before
they suffer their first death. It's that neat lil buzzy feeling
you get when other immies enter the area...
- * Breath water - Yup, Immortals with this may survive indefinately
underwater drawing oxygen from the water..It's not the same
as breathing It has been shown that poison gas will affect them although
it cannot kill them just drive them to incapacitated...also the absence
of air Total absence will knock them to incapicated after a certain length
of time and he won't recover until he can breathe again..
- ** Empower Weapon- Lil sparklies you see in the movies with the clash
of swords in an immortal duel causes this electrical discharge. With
the quickening an immortal can infuse his weapon with raw power, causing
them to do more damage and the electrical discharge to be shown..Ehh
this is aggrivated damage to those counting:)
- ** Heal Self- Yeah yup immies can heal themselves more rapidly than normal
by using this one. Agg wounds can't be healed faster like this it has to
heal according to the chart thing but well anyway...
- ***Empower Self- a fun lil power, it increases physical attributes
by one for every success rolled you can
do it in a challenge and it lasts for the entire scene BUT afters words
the immortal feels drained meaning you get negatives to physical attributes
by one for an hour or more...
- ***Speed of the Stag- Gives you extra actions and used like the vamp
discipline celerity..as with empowerself the immie will feel weak
after doing this power...
- ***** Ignore wounds- At this level an immies recuperative powers have
become so potent they no longer need to spend time to heal. One wound
level is healed each round with no roll required...
also atta this level AGG wounds are as if they're normal wounds an you
can use the heal self [see above] to heal them..
- Quicking side effects:)
- **Vampires..sorry you guys gain no sustenance from immortals
blood it's WORTHLESS...Immortals can neither be ghouled or embraced
though some immortals have addictive blood and vampires will go to
great lengths to drink from them..also immies can have bonding
blood that acts sorta like the Blood Bond of vamps:)
- ** Mages...ok you magic weidling guys..Prime Sphere's and life
sphere's don't work on immortals. their immune to the effects which is why
unless you're around when An immie takes another's head you can't steal
- ** also immortals are practically immune to healing discipline of
obeah, whether benificial or not...
- ** an immortals mind body an spirit are tightly help by their quickening
Mind sphere, dominate or presence may work on immortals but
his mind can't be pulled fro his body nor may his spirit
without his head being removed first...
the quickening tightly bind the immortal to the mundane world..
and in WW rules I'm sorry but immortals for this reason cannot
go into the umbra...
- Rules for Duels
- Ok the GOLDEN RULE ---the biggie the numero uno immortal rule
fighting on Holy Ground IS A BIG NONO [BAd immie no cookie]
the reason is noone wins when you fight on holy ground the
holy ground soaks up all the quickening and some of the quickening
of the winner of the duel and this has a bad effect..I've been told
the last time two immies battle on Holy Ground was Pompeii
You know when Mount Vesuvuis erupted please do0n't fight
on holy ground unless you want this city to be a crater even
then you better get permission first:)
- the SECOND OF THE MAIN RULES ahem......ok
Immortals fight ONE ON ONE!!!!! why???? is this you ask???gee ok
When an immortal takes another immortals head they gain the quickening right?
the quickening goes to whoever takes the head and IF IF you are
fighting and another immortal steps in at the last inute and
takes the head..That means not only does that immortal rip off the quickening
you were suppose to get but he also gets some of your quickening..and
this IS NOT A PLEASANT thing:)
- ok thank you anymore questions GO TO the website or page mail and bug me
To set one's self up as an Immortal or Pre-Immortal, please set the following upon yourself:
(or) @set me=preimmortal?:yes
Immortal?: - = < There is another Immortal here! > = -
Pre-Immortal?: - = < There is a Pre-Immortal here! > = -
HolyGround?: - = < You are on Holy Ground > = -
Freehold?: - = < You are in a Fae FreeHold > = -
node?: - = < This is a Node! > = -
Some useful information can be found, regarding Merits and Flaws for character creation.
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.