Taken from the Clan Information Board in the OOC Area of Twilight Muck.
- Amina -- Fallen Angels -- 11:03:17 10/19/96 EDT
- Alright, while fallen angels don't necessarily do the 'clan' thing I wanted
to let folks know exactly what they are and figured this was the best place
to do it.
- Fallen angels, while not exactly what Milton made them out to be are just
that.. fallen angels. At one point they were angels but, for one reason or
another, they fell. They know quite a bit about heaven and hell.. though they
rarely dwell on either and won't say much about them, even if pressed. It
isn't an area they feel compelled to expound upon since most assume that
humans don't really want answers, they want security.
- Most fallen angels are shape shifters. It takes little effort for them to
assume a differnt form, though they will mostly maintain a human shape unless
under extremem stress. They do have wings in all forms, though when they pose
as humans those wings phase out, as do their horns and tarnished halos.
- The older a fallen angel, the greater power it has, though much of a fallen
angel's power resides in contractual agreements. Rarely will they give away
information (or anything else) for free and most exchanges will not be made
until there is a written contract signed and sealed. No matter how old a
fallen angel is, it can never be omniscient. Most of their knowledge is based
on thier own varied experience and on what they can glean from others.
- Fallen angels are immortal and eternal. While they are immortal, they can
feel pain of a sort. When they are injured, the part of them that was damaged
phases out. While they can phase out without negative concequences, this
involuntariy phasing out that is a 'survival reflex' of sorts causes them
- In most cases, where the injury is not severe (paper cut, pin prick, bruise
from bumping against a coffee table in the middle of the night), the injured
part will phase back relatively quickly and unapparently to an on-looker. An
injury that is slightly more severe (bullet wound, knife cut, etc) will take
longer to phase back in and the pain from phasing out will linger longer. The
phasing out might also be more apparent to non-sighted onlookers.
- A fallen angel cannout control the phase-in time that is the result of an
involuntary phase-out. If they shape-shift to another form, that form will
have the same phase-out damage since the pain/damage caused by an involuntary
phase-out is to the essence of the fallen angel, not to just the physical form.
- On another note, fallen angel's can't be embraced. They lack blood, per se
and cannot keep blood in their bodies.
- More info later as situations arrise that warrent it (i.e., how to get rid
of a fallen angel since they can't be killed. [Which I am mulling over]).
- Julian (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Profile: Fallen Angel -- 12:51:25 11/01/96 EST
- I'm not entirely certain if this goes here, but it seems to fit with
mosts of the other posts on this board, advance apologies if I am
- A demon, not one of the fallen who stood beside Lucifer during the war
in Heaven, but one who stood by the wayside and chose to not take part
at all. An angel whose loyalty was to himself and himself alone, cast
out of heaven and despised in hell, for his seeming cowardice he has
wandered the earth since time began. Now he has come to the city,
seeking something, something intangible, something precious, something
which may cleanse his soul...Redemption.
- This is the character I play, he is not as powerful as he sounds, being
limited as demons are...He can only be destroyed by someone of True
Faith (In a Christian Religion; e.g. Catholicism, Judeaism, Islam etc.)
or a person of absolute innocence who follows one of the above
religions, other forms of injury will heal rapidly, though damage from
other supernatural creatures (WoD Aggrivated Damage) will discorporate
him and send him back to hell for a limited time.
- Amina -- On Sensing Angels and Fallen Angels -- 15:25:21 11/10/96 EST
- Angels have an uncanny ability to sense when another angel is around. Be that angel a fallen one or one still within the grace of God. It follows that some mortals (or immortals I suppose) would also be able to sense them.
- While an angel can differentiate between a fallen one and a non-fallen one, a mortal might not be able to do so, simply because of the nature of angels, fallen angels, and humans/once-humans.
- In order to reflect this, fallen angels should do the following:
- Non-fallen angels should do the following:
- For those folks who can sense angels and fallen angels and differentiate between the two:
@set me=_arrive/sense:3978 and @set me=_connect/sense:3978
and then lsedit me=_sense/playermsg and enter the following:
angel?:==You sense an angel of grace. ==
fallen-angel?: == You sense a fallen angel ==
- For folks who can sense angels but not differentiate between them do the same as above, but in the _sense/player list type:
angelic?: == You sense an angelic presence. ==
- If you've got any questions, go ahead and page me or p#mail me.
- Amina -- More on Fallen Angels -- 15:41:36 11/10/96 EST
- Alright.. I've come up with some more stuff that folks are probably going to want to know.. other than the above sensing stuff.
- Fallen angels can sense the presense of other fallen angels. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will know the other fallen angel personally. When you consider that one estimate of the number of minions of hell is 6 to the power of 6 to the power of 6 this makes it a bit unlikely that all of them will know eachother. Fallen angels can also sense the presense of non-fallen angels. Again, same with the knowing other angels personally. It is possible that they would know eachother, but not necessarily likely.
- Fallen angels can also sense when they are on holy ground. This won't necessarily have any physical effect on them, more a mental effect, especially if it is a Christian Church. The mental uneasiness could translate into diminished ablities, however, depending on the fallen angel.
- Fallen angels can be banished through the traditional bell-and-book type banishment by a priest. This means one of two things for the fallen angel. It is iether sent back to hell, or banished from the physical plane (almost the same thing as being sent back to hell becuse it will be unable to have any effect on the physical world in that state. The fallen angel can only return to the place from which it was banished if it is called back there by someone who knew it, or if it is summoned there by one who is powerful enough. In the case of summonings, the fallen angel is not likely to be very thankful since it will be in the service of the one who did the summoning.
- Holy water will have a similar effect on a fallen angel if the angel is doused completely by it. Being hit in an arm or leg, or splashed across the chest will produced a similar phase-out as a physical injury, though it takes much longer to phase back in. This is *not* a banishment. If a fallen angel is doused completely with holy water, it will cease to exist on the physical plane, (Note: it isn't an instant visual disappearance, but rather a gradual and ultimately painful fade-out.) but givern enough time it can phase back into the physical realm.
- So, that's pretty much it for now.. unless something else comes up. As always, if you've got questions abuot fallen angels, drop me a page or p#mail. Oh, could you also let me know if you're gonna play a fallen angel? I just want to keep track OOCly of how many there are.
- Amina -- Angel Board -- 16:56:58 12/18/96 EST
- For those of you who are interested in keeping track of angelic happenings,
there is an Angel Board in my office now. (Down, N, W, AM, from the CTN.)
It currently contains the postings on Fallen Angels, and will soon have a post
about the non-fallen variety as well.
- As always, any questions about angels.. feel free to page me or p #mail me.
- Amina, with a board of her very own.
- Jenna (Who is no longer on the muck) -- Angels (Repost from Angel Board) -- 17:35:03 12/21/96 EST
- Well, I'm finally getting around to posting this, everyone be impressed.
- Angels and Fallen Angels have a lot in common, they can both sense other
angels, they can both shape-shift, they can both phase out into the ethereal
plane, and they can both be bound or summoned by magic. They can also sense
when they are on Holy Ground, though, like Fallen Angels, any sort of affect
this might have on the angel is all in its mind.
- Angels have a distinct power structure (and I can't find my copy of Paradise
Lost or anything else so that will have to wait until later), with the angels
at the bottom of the hierarchy being less powerful than those at the top. The
ones lower on the ladder are easier to summon, easier to bind and easier to
control. They are also more timid, while those at the top of the heirarchy
are stronger, harder to summon, harder to bind, and more likely to seek some
sort of revenge once loosed.
- Most Angels that have been sent to Earth have some sort of Purpose. There are
Guardian angels who keep an eye on a person, Messengers who bring God's words
to specific people.
- More on these sparkly creatures when I think of it.
- If you've got any questions or suggestions feel free to page me or p #mail me.
Return to Clan Information Center
Last Updated on 10 February 1999
This maintained by Amanda "Ursula" Geyer. I have no life. Stuff within my pages are © Amanda Geyer, or the poster (who is credited per post), whichever is applicable.